5 Points to Keep In Mind While Choosing Your Goa Tour Package
Goa is one of the most beautiful places in India that continues to attract tourists from all around the globe. Known for its sun-kissed beaches, blue skies, and delectable cuisine, the land has so much to offer tourists from all walks of life. So, whether it’s a family vacation, a honeymoon, or an adventure trip, Goa will leave you mesmerised and spellbound for sure. It’s important to plan your trip and do proper research before planning your trip to Goa.
So, here are five points to keep in mind while choosing your Goa tour package.
5 Points To Keep In Mind On Your Goa Trip
1. Respect the Land, Culture, and Religion
When travelling to any country, it is important to understand that you’re visiting another place. Hence, you must respect the people of the land, their culture, and their religion as well. Goa is home to some of the most popular religious places in the world, and tourists from across the world come here to pay respect. Hence, on your trip to Goa, make sure to dress decently when visiting any churches or temples in the state. Be respectful and use proper etiquette when talking to the locals or people around.
2. Do Not Carry Too Much Cash
Goa has a lot of popular tourist places which attract a lot of pickpocketers and thieves. Hence, avoid carrying too much cash or valuables while you visit popular places in Goa. Paying through your phone or card is always a great idea when on your Goa trip.
3. Follow Photography Rules
Goa is a beautiful place that is great for photography. From beaches to mountains, rivers, and palm trees, you can find some of the best spots for insta-worthy pictures. However, before you flash your camera, make sure to look out for any ‘Photography Restricted’ or ‘No Photography’ sign boards. If you find signs restricting photography anywhere on your Goa trip, ensure that you respect that. Churches, temples, forts, museums and caves are some places where photography may be restricted.
4. Watch What You Eat
Goa is known for its mouth-watering cuisine, and it’s easy to get carried away on your trip. From the delicious Goan curries to the lip-smacking fish dishes, you can find plenty of options to choose from. If you’re someone who has a sensitive stomach and does not prefer spicy food, avoid street food that could cause a stomach upset. Also, Goan dishes are not only restricted to chicken, and fish, so make sure to check before you decide to eat dishes that are new to you.
5. Packing the Right Essentials
When visiting any country, it’s important to check the climate and carry the right clothing and essentials with you. Since Goa is a summer destination, carry comfortable clothing like cotton t-shirts, shorts, and sleeveless tops and dresses. If you’re planning to enjoy a swim at the different beaches, then carry proper beachwear. Sunglasses, flip flops, scarf, hats, sunscreen, and mosquito repellent are some of the other essentials that you may require on your Goa tour package.
Other Important Things to Keep In Mind
- On your trip to Goa, ensure that all important documents like your passport, visa, etc are kept locked in your hotel room. Do not carry these documents around while you travel as they can get lost or misplaced.
- Goa is known for its happening nightlife and rave parties. Consumption of drugs is a crime and a non-bailable offence in India. Hence, stay away from drugs or any person selling them to you. Stay safe and enjoy your vacation by following the rules. You do not want to land into any legal trouble on your Goa trip.
- If you’re visiting Goa to enjoy the nightlife, make sure to be cautious. Goa transforms into a party hub once the sun goes down. From nightclubs and bars to beach parties and more, danger can prevail anytime. So, take precautions and care while you party in these places in Goa. Stay away from strangers offering you drinks and avoid walking alone in deserted and remote places in Goa.
These were five points to keep in mind while choosing your Goa tour package. Check out Thomas Cook Goa Tour Packages to get the best deals and discounts. You can choose from around 30 plus tour packages on the website. You can find a wide range of Goa tour packages designed to suit every budget and duration! At Thomas Cook, the travel experts work together to plan and curate your Goa tour to give you a memorable experience!