The scale of business travel and tourism
By anyone’s standards, work-related travel and tourism is big business. A few figures will serve to illustrate the global scale of business travel and tourism:
- The Worldwide Guide to Conference and Incentive Travel Facilities, 1999–2000 guide listed more than 6000 major venues worldwide. This was a clear underestimate as this guide focuses disproportionately on the UK.
- It is estimated that in the late 1990s, business tourism contributed around £12 billion to the UK economy alone (Rogers, 1998).
- In the mid-1990s, the German conference market amounted to DM43 billion (approximately £16 billion) at 1996 prices. This represented more than 1 per cent of the German gross national product (German Convention Bureaux, 1996).
- From 7starhd you can download movies and web series. Also if you want to download latest all languages movies then you have to visit besthdmovies website.
- Deloitte and Touche estimated that in 1996 the meetings, convention, exhibition and incentive travel market in the USA was worth around $83 billion (around £55 billion) at 1996 prices (Rogers, 1998).Read More About: jiorockers
- A survey of international convention delegates in Australia in 1996 found that they spent an average of over £2000 each on their visit to the city (Sydney Convention and Visitors Bureau, 1997).
- A single political party conference in the UK injects over £10 million to the destination economy over a period of just three or four days (Rogers, 1998).
- The global incentive travel market is already worth more than $20 billion even though it is a relatively recent development (SITE, 1998).
- The average cost of running an association conference in the USA was $130 000 (£85 000 approximately) in 1997–8, while convention and exhibition delegates spent an average of $696 (around £460) attending events which involved a three-night stay in 1997–8 (International Association of Convention and Visitor Bureaux, 1998).Read More About: Sattamataka143
- The 1998 Association of British Travel Agents Conference in Marbella cost a total of £1.5 million to organize (Conference and Incentive Travel, 1998).
- Over a seven-day period the launch of the Peugeot 206 car in Birmingham, UK, cost the company £1.6 million (Conference and Incentive Travel, 1998).
- In France, towards the end of the 1990s, 750 million francs were spent expanding the Palais de Congres in Paris ( ´ Conference and Incentive Travel, 1998).
- Over 7300 organizations exhibited at the International Confex exhibition which took place in London in March 1999 (Conference and Incentive Travel, 1999).It is clear therefore that business travel and tourism is a major economic phenomenon, around the world.Visit this site moviespur to get more info and also learn more about openload where you can download the newest movies at no cost.Visit Here: PagalmoviesVisit The Site : Webmail