Meditation is a spiritual practice which makes the mind achieve peace and calm. Usually, it is practiced by saints and spiritual personalities but the truth is, it benefits the whole world in different ways. In the matter of learners and students’ meditation improves the sense of presence, calm, focus, attentiveness and dedication towards learning.
Meditation is that energy source which has been practiced in our country since ancient times to make the mind so powerful that even after so much distractions around human beings one can never deviate from the goal desired, that is learning and gathering knowledge. Usually, it seems a little boring to the people and especially students but with a little practice and daily routine regarding it, it becomes an integral part of students. LMS in any school especially favours induction of meditation these days. LMS of such careful institutions understands the importance of meditation with the psychological status of the students.
The present visual ERP study provides evidence for a long-term effect of meditation practice on the brain’s emotional processing. ERP considers the value of meditation like nectar for the students. Students have to go through a lot of issues and troubles in order to attain knowledge and information. Due to such a hectic burden of responsibilities students these days are under heavy stress and due to this they are suffering from several psychological issues and affecting their health too. But those students who practice meditation, they attain pure calm and peace of the mind through which they are able to focus on their studies and get good marks so let’s understand the benefits if meditation for the students:
- Continuous practice of meditation produces a positive effect on the mind of the students and gives them power to think critically and with complete mindfulness. Students’ IQ level gets increased with practice of meditation and students don’t have to put much pressure on their mind to attain presence of mind. Due to regular practice of mediation students achieve a great level of sense of humour and behavioural manners that they achieve social respects also.
- Meditation gives the mind the power of focus. Students always have to focus on their studies and without focus almost every student is not able to learn or continue their studies. Meditation reduces stress, mental pressure and anxiety due to which the mind gets relief and gets relaxed. This relief to the mind activates those parts of the brain which stimulate language-based skills and multitasking skills too.
- A healthy mind resides in a healthy body and a healthy body can achieve a lot of goals. This same thing happens with the students. They want to study and earn good marks but their mental physical health usually doesn’t allow them. This happens due to weak and damaged mental status and meditation is that remedy which repairs every kind of mental damage. Also, when a student feels demoralized due to depression and anxiety then meditation helps to soothe the mind and concentrate on the goals the student has decided.
- Meditation keeps the mental and physical health of students healthy. Regular meditation creates an aura around the face of an individual and this can be felt by almost everyone. Such students who practice meditation regularly have a cheerful personality and wherever they stand in the college, school or society they have an aura of smile and happiness which they spread around them and keep the atmosphere around them jolly.
- Meditation makes the will power of the students stronger than other students. Due to lack of willpower students have to go through the problem of addiction. Addiction can be of any type in a student’s life such as video games, drugs, smoking, drinking etc. Usually, students can’t overcome the addiction of the above enumerated things. Hence, meditation makes the will power of a student so much stronger that either he or she will not get addicted to any of such things or if got addicted anyhow then he or she will overcome it soon.
- Meditation clears the mind of the students and helps them clear the mind and confuses the mind which makes them take proper decisions. Meditation also provides students a proper and sound sleep due to which students’ psychological state remains healthy and sound. Ans by combining all these good things a student lives a happier life.